Sunday, April 13, 2008

Firestone Classic Dual Slalom

Umm, I hate to be negative about bike races, but yesterdays dual slalom was the slowest and most unorganized race I have ever attended. Granted it was the race organizers first go at it, it was still agonizingly slow. we waited two hours from the first round of elimination, to the second round.... and the field was only a few over 30 riders.....TOTAL!! from beginner junior to pro men there was a turnout of 30 people, and the race took all day... So frustrating.

However, the track was fun, and fast. I think it was around 20 seconds per lane. I qualified first, Chris Herndon crashed in qualis, and there was a huge class of 5 pros and semi pros!! I had a bye run, and in the next round when I finally got to race against someone, my chain snapped on a fast sprint before a quad, and I ate it.... pretty hard. It wouldn't had been a bad crash, but with my already sprained wrist I was trying so hard not to hurt it, but ended up hurting it anyway. It's not as bad as when I did it at first, but it's kinda sore again.... So frustrating. The first time I hurt it was cause of another person, and the second time I hurt it was cause of a bike issue.... just not having good luck this early season!! hopefully that's all done, out of the way before the real racing starts this week at sea otter.

Herndon also crashed out the second round, and Brandon Sloan who we are staying with also slid out in his first round... So our saying was, "we came, we saw, and we got conquered"... ha ha we showed up to a race with 30 people and left battered and bruised. But that's why we do these early races, to get all the cobwebs out and get into the swing of things. So all in all, it was fun. Lots of driving, I got my new bikes last night at nate's house, and sea otter here we come!!!!

No comments:

Yuba River near Auburn

Yuba River near Auburn
we swam across it....