Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Aptos XC with the Specialized gang

This morning Brandon, Buck, Chris, Curtis, a few other specialized boys, and my self went for an XC ride in Aptos. We parked right next to the post office dirt jumps, and headed up... and up, and up. It wasn't all that far I guess, but I was on my new SX bike, so the seat was low and the gear was pretty hard, so I was up out of the saddle climbing for alot of the climb. It was a stady climb for almost an hour. We got to the top and looked out over the pacific, got ready for the descent, and Brandon headed us out on a fast fire road. I was freezing... 93 degrees yesterday and freezing today.... but anyhow, we got off the fire road, onto a super tight traversing single track that was pretty hard to go fast on. that lasted about 5 minutes, and then the trail opened up into what I have now ranked as one of the best descents I have ever ridden. It was flowy and fast, intertweaving through tall redwodds and poison oak. I thnk it took near half an hour to get down, with just a few short sprints up some hills. Curtis was out front, then brandon, then myself, then Buck, and it was sick!! I have not had that much fun riding in a group in a really long time. all those guys know how to ride a bike, fast. My new bike finally felt right under me. by the end of the ride the bike felt like home...a good thing to feel like coming into sea otter. I'm so stoked to be able to ride with such a great group of guys. It is now deffinately on my to do list any time I am in Nor Cal from now on.. Definitely in my top 5 best rides ever!!!! thanks guys!!

No comments:

Yuba River near Auburn

Yuba River near Auburn
we swam across it....