Saturday, June 28, 2008

Homeland - back to the mothership

Duncan Riffle brough up a really good point right after the World Champs last week in Italy. He made the point that our whole lives people are telling us to go travel and get some diversity in our lives, see new people, new cultures, and new food. However, as we have all found out, all the food is the same no matter what European country we were in. Duncan said, "what about New York or LA? In any city in the states you can walk aroud the corner and have Italian, Indian, Chinese, Mexican, American, Indonesian, Japanese, ...anything you can think of. Why do we need to travel half way around the world to eat the same stuff everywhere we go??" We decided, as we already knew but was hitting home really hard because we were all so excited to come back to the Motherland, that the U.S. has the best food in the world...no need to go anywhere else!! So if your reading this and thinking about travelling..dont. NO I'm kidding, I strongly advise travelling, just be ready to miss the good home cookin of the U.S of A!

My time in Europe has been really awesome. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else. Seeing the world from behind the bars of my bike is the only thing I want to be doing with my life. It's amazing. I was just thinking during a ride my bike took me on today, how crazy the places are that my bike has taken me. Just last week it took me on a wild ride down a rooty mountain side in italy, and only a few days later had me cresting tree line climbing some gnarly road in the mountians in Colorado. Where would I be without my bike? I sure wouldn't be racing world cups, or riding remote ridge lines, or pushing new downhill tracks by my house. My own two feet are far too boring for that. My bike has some pretty cool adventures...I'm stkoked I get to be along for the ride all the time. Thanks bike....your the man!

I'm loving my time at home now for a few weeks before Team America gets going on some new trips around the world. I'm getting some much needed re-fueling time in Colorado. My African American Brother, Jonty Neethling is here. We are reliving last summer as we plan to hit as many firework shows as possible and ride flat out for the next two weeks. The motocross national is at Thunder Valley in Denver tomorrow night under the lights, which we are pumped on. Watching those gys rally always makes me think I can go alot faster on my DH bike.

We will be back on the road here soon, hitting the National Champs, then into Canada, and onto the remaining WC's. We may not be in the States, but we take Freedom wherever we go, Full tilt Red White and Blue!!!!!!

Later!
CB

No comments:

Yuba River near Auburn

Yuba River near Auburn
we swam across it....